Monday, April 23, 2012

In honour of @TheRealNimoy, and all things Vulcan

I had the honor of designing the official SPOCK DAYS logo for Vulcan Tourism (The Star Trek Capital of Canada), and it was approved today so I get to show it off. Ta-da!

I also had the privilege of working with Vulcan Tourism a few years ago when Leonard Nimoy came home to Vulcan (he also attended a little show called The Calgary Comic and Entertainment Expo) and I was asked to design a poster and shirt celebrating his arrival.

The first one I did was a play off of the Obama Hope poster (I know, everyone did that poster) which I was quite proud of, everybody loved it (@therealnimoy even tweeted about it which I am still geeking out about - and it's been two years) but we couldn't use it for whatever reason and I came back with an Andy Warhol-esque image that met approvals.

Just so you know, I have always been a Leonard Nimoy/Spock fan (I can remember drawing pictures of him when I was a kid using my "Leonard Nimoy presents: Mr. Spock's Music from Outer Space" and "Two Sides of Leonard Nimoy" albums for reference- of course I had them) so to be given this opportunity makes me happy all over.

To borrow a classic line, Live Long and Prosper

No comments:

Post a Comment